Call or visit the school and schedule an interview with our principal. The students, if younger than eighteen years of age, must have a parent/guardian present at the time of the interview. Complete the students “Enrollment Packet” and provide the following documents:
- Birth Certificate or other reliable proof of the student’s age and identity, such as a baptismal certificate, an application for a social security number or original school registration records and an affidavit explaining the inability to provide a copy of the birth certificate.
- Residency Form with Required Documents
- Immunization Records
- IEP if applicable (must be reviewed through the SpEd Department before enrollment). IEP information is used for placement and continuity of services, not as a determinate of enrollment
- Withdrawal Form (required before a student can start) from last school attended
- Notarized Legal Documentation of custody or placement if Guardian, Foster, or Group Home Parent
- Tribal Enrollment Documentation (if applicable)
A.R.S. § 15-184 (A, B, E)
South Phoenix Prep & Arts Academy does not limit admission based on ethnicity, national origin, gender, income level, disabling condition, proficiency in English language, or athletic ability.
South Phoenix Prep & Arts Academy has a fair and equitable policy to enroll all eligible students in grades K-4, who submit a timely application, unless the number of applicants exceeds the capacity of the school facility. South Phoenix Prep & Arts Academy gives enrollment preference only to those students who are returning to the school for the second or any subsequent year of operation and to siblings of pupils who are already enrolled in South Phoenix Prep & Arts Academy. Should the number of eligible enrollment applications exceed the capacity of a grade level, South Phoenix Prep & Arts Academy will utilize a lottery system. The lottery will also determine waiting list order for any unselected applications. Applications received after the open enrollment window closes will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
South Phoenix Prep & Arts Academy may refuse to admit any pupil who has been expelled from another educational institution or who is withdrawn while in the process of being expelled from another educational institution.